The eMC website is owned and operated by Datapharm Communications Ltd.
Use of this site is subject to the following terms and disclaimers ("Terms") and by continuing to use the site you signify your acceptance of these Terms.
Datapharm reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time and any such amendment will be effective from the date when revised Terms appear on the site.
The material on the site must not be systematically reproduced, linked to and / or sold for commercial gain.
We reserve the right to restrict access to some or all of the website, at our discretion.
Content and site availability disclaimers
Every effort is taken to ensure that the information published on this website is accurate and kept up to date in terms of current medical knowledge. However, whilst we only accept information from respected sources we cannot guarantee that all of the information displayed is accurate or complete, nor can we guarantee that it will be suitable for a user's individual circumstances. This website is therefore provided for information only. It is not intended to replace a consultation with an appropriately qualified medical practitioner.
Datapharm does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or injury that arises from the use of this website except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded by law.
We make every effort to ensure that this website is available at all times. To achieve this we do the following:
- Host the site within a fully managed solution monitored 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Use industry standard software for the servers and the website
- Have well developed security arrangements
- Have well developed monitoring, maintenance and repair procedures
In spite of these efforts we cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to this website, or the sites to which it links. We also cannot guarantee that information on this website will display correctly on all types of browser. We accept no responsibility for any damages arising from the loss of access to and use of information or the manner in which such information may be displayed by individual browsers.
Copyright and usage
The material featured on this site is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated.
The copyright protected material may be reproduced by anyone free of charge in any format or medium for research, private study or personal use. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not being used in a misleading context.
In addition and subject to any restrictions on use and the disclaimers published on this website from time to time
- healthcare professionals may use and download any content available on the site for professional use either by themselves or other healthcare professionals and may copy from the site (a) for distribution with related products or (b) for supply to members of the general public or other healthcare professionals for information purposes provided that in either case the relevant content is reproduced and supplied in their entirety and not in part.
- Pharmaceutical companies who are subscribers to eMC Publishing may reproduce the content for any purpose.
The material on the site must not be systematically reproduced, linked to and / or sold for commercial gain.
You agree not to use the Website:
- for any commercial purposes (which includes using the Website to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services or for inclusion into healthcare and prescribing systems);
- to create or populate a database or knowledge bank (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Website
- to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Website to any third party except where expressly permitted on the Website
For further information on Datapharm copyright policy; if you require clarification of how you can use the content on this site or you would like to enquire about licensing eMC content please contact [email protected]
Datapharm is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals using our websites. The following statement discloses the legal and privacy practices for the eMC website.
Information collection and use
Datapharm does not collect or store any personally identifiable information about website users, unless you voluntarily provide this information. You might voluntarily provide information when you:
- Contact us - we may keep a copy of the correspondence
- Register to use Datapharm services
- Log into any of the Datapharm websites
- Fill in a form to attend a Datapharm event, meeting or training session
- Voluntarily complete a survey for research purposes
We always aim to ensure that the personally identifiable information that we collect will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
Datapharm does not sell personal information it has gathered about you to third parties.
Datapharm will only use the information you provide us to:
- Respond to your requests
- Notify you about changes to our services
- Carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Datapharm
- Provide you with relevant information about products, services or training
Datapharm will disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties only under limited circumstances:
- If it is under a legal obligation to do so. For example, if you provide safety data about a medicine we are obliged to pass this information to the company that markets that medicine so that they can fulfil their safety reporting obligation
- If we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with a criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation
Users of our website
When you use our website, we collect details of visitor behaviour patterns. For example, we collect the total number of visits to our websites, the number of visitors to each page and the domain names of our visitors' internet service provider. We use this information to analyse trends, administer the site and track users' movements so that we can improve our sites.
We may from time to time use various cookies that retain information about you and your use of our websites.
A cookie is a small piece of data that is transferred from a website, via your web browser and is automatically stored on your device's hard drive. Cookies are widely used to make websites work or make them work better. Cookies provide us with information about your activities or preferences whilst using our websites and provide statistical and technical information about how you use our websites. We use this information to improve our websites and deliver a better personalised service. We use two different cookies on our websites.
- Persistent cookies: if you log on to a restricted section of our website, we may set a cookie on your device to remember your login details. We may also set a cookie on your device to retain selected preferences so they can be recalled on subsequent visits. These cookies stays on your device indefinitely, even after you leave our websites
- Session cookies: we use these to remember your preferences during your visit, for example the number of search results displayed per page. Session cookies are stored only temporarily during the browsing sessions and are deleted once the browser is closed
Cookies may be:
- First party cookies: these cookies are set by the Datapharm websites you visit.
- Third party cookies: these cookies are set by a site/service outside of Datapharm. For example, the website might use embedded YouTube or Flickr content, or use third party advertising, and these sites may set their own cookies.
How to manage cookies
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit the All about cookies website.
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your device when you browse the internet. Our web servers may log the IP address and we may use this data to conduct system administration and to analyse website usage and performance. If you access our sites through mobile or other devices, we may also collect your unique device identifier.
Anonymous analytics cookies
Our websites use Google analytics to collect information about how visitors use our websites. For example the number of visitors, the time of visit, which pages you visited, whether you have visited the site before and what site referred you to our websites. We use the data from Google analytics to compile reports and improve our websites. For more information and to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics, please visit the Google website.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites as a service to our users. Datapharm is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. When you leave our sites, please check the legal and privacy policies of any site you access.
You can choose not to submit any personally identifiable information to our websites. If you choose to submit information, you have the right to see and correct the information at any time, either by contacting us or, if you have access, using our systems to update your own data.
If you receive communications, such as updates and newsletters from us, you can opt out at any time, by following the instructions in the communication.
You can prevent cookies by following the instructions above.
Where we store your personally identifiable information
Any personally identifiable information that you provide will be stored on secure computers. The data will primarily be stored in the UK, but it may be stored and processed on computers located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in accordance with current data protection guidelines.
Links are provided for information and convenience only. We cannot accept responsibility for the content or policies of any sites linked to, or the information found there. A link does not imply an endorsement of a site; likewise, not linking to a particular site does not imply lack of endorsement.
We reserve the right to withdraw a link or refuse to link to any website without providing an explanation or justification.
Links to this website
We encourage organisations and individuals to create hypertext links to our website for non-commercial use. However, unless you are a subscriber to eMC Publishing, we require such organisations and individuals to request permission to do so via [email protected].
We do request that those linking to our website respect the following conditions:
- Links should not be used in a defamatory context
- Linked information must not be changed in any way
- Linked information from this site should not be displayed in such a way as to appear as advertising or appear alongside advertising
- Those creating deep links should be aware that specific page URLs are subject to change without notice
- We do not "trade" links - if you chose to create a link to our website, we will not offer to create a reciprocal link.
Datapharm Communications Limited is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 1317421
Registered office address: Pascal Place, Randalls Way, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7TW