The Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) is the leaflet included in the pack with a medicine. It is written for patients and gives information about taking or using a medicine. It is possible that the leaflet in your medicine pack may differ from this version because it may have been updated since your medicine was packaged.
Please click on the link to the left to view the PIL in PDF format.
Text only version for the visually impaired
Below is a text only representation of the Patient Information leaflet. The original may contain images or tables and can be viewed in PDF format using the link to the left. This PIL may be available from the RNIB in large print, Braille or audio CD. For further information please call the RNIB Medicine Leaflet line on 0800 198 5000.
Boots Premjact Desensitizing Spray for Men 9.6% w/w cutaneous spray
PACKAGE LEAFLET: INFORMATION FOR THE USER
Boots Premjact® Desensitizing Spray for Men 9.6% w/w Cutaneous Spray
Read this entire leaflet carefully because it contains important information for you.
This medicine is available without prescription. However, you still need to use Premjact carefully to get the best results from it.
- Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
- Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
- If any of the side effects become serious, or if you notice any side effect not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
In this leaflet:
1. What Premjact is and what it is used for
2. Before you use Premjact
3. How to use Premjact
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store Premjact
6. Further information
1. WHAT PREMJACT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
The active ingredient, Lidocaine, is a local anaesthetic which is used to reduce the sensitivity to touch of the penis just before intercourse. The reduction in sensitivity helps to delay ejaculation (climax) in cases of over-rapid or premature ejaculation (coming to a climax too quickly).
2. BEFORE YOU USE PREMJACT
Do not use Premjact:-
- If you or your partner are allergic (hypersensitive) to Lidocaine or any of the other ingredients of Premjact
- If you or your partner are allergic (hypersensitive) to other local anaesthetics
- If your partner is pregnant
- Do not use on broken or inflamed skin
- Do not spray near the eyes or nostrils
Take special care with Premjact
Premjact is not recommended for use by the elderly
Kidney and Liver Problems
If you have, or have ever had, liver or kidney problems – ask your doctor before using the spray
Using other medicines
High blood levels of the active ingredient of Premjact, Lidocaine, can cause interactions with other medicines. Although this is unlikely to occur with the low levels absorbed from Premjact you should ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using the spray if you are taking other medicines.
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines or herbal therapies obtained without a prescription.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Although Premjact is applied to the penis only, it must not be used if your partner is pregnant.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using any medicine.
Driving and using machines
Premjact is unlikely to impair the ability to drive or operate machinery
3. HOW TO USE PREMJACT
The quantity used and timing will vary with individual requirements but the usual recommended dosage is 3 to 8 sprays to the head and the shaft of the penis 5 to 15 minutes before intercourse. You should always use the minimum effective quantity.
- This spray is for external use only. Do not spray near the eyes or nostrils.
- Wash off the spray after intercourse.
- Do not use the spray for more than 3 months without consulting your doctor.
- Do not exceed a maximum of 24 sprays in 24 hours.
If you use more Premjact than is recommended
In the unlikely event of a suspected overdose seek prompt medical advice.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, please ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Premjact is suitable for most men, but like all medicines it can sometimes cause side effects.
- Rash or irritation - If you or your partner develops a rash or irritation stop using the spray.
No other side effects associated with the use of Premjact have been reported as only extremely low levels of Lidocaine are absorbed. However, high blood levels of Lidocaine (i.e. 25 times the recommended dose of Premjact) can cause side effects such as nervousness, dizziness, convulsions, loss of consciousness, as well as effects on the heart and lungs.
If any of the side effects become serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
5. HOW TO STORE PREMJACT
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not use Premjact after the expiry date which is stated on can.
- The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Store below 25°C.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste.
Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
6. FURTHER INFORMATION
What Premjact contains:
- The active substance is Lidocaine Base USP 9.6% w/w
- The other ingredients are Isopropyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, 2-(2-Ethoxyethoxy)ethanol and fragrance
What Premjact looks like and contents of the pack
Aluminum can with metered pump spray and aluminium cap, containing 12g Premjact Desensitizing Spray for Men 9.6% w/w Cutaneous Spray.
Marketing Authorisation Holder and Manufacturer
109 Baker Street
This product is manufactured on behalf of Pound International Ltd by
94 Rickmansworth Road
This medicinal product is authorised in the Member States of the EEA under the following names:
United Kingdom – Premjact Desensitizing Spray for Men
This leaflet was last approved in January 2011
BTC75550 vs D
THE BOOTS COMPANY PLC
1 Thane Road West, Beeston, Nottingham, NG2 3AA
+44 (0)1159 592 565
+44 (0)1159 595 165