- 1. Name of the medicinal product
- 2. Qualitative and quantitative composition
- 3. Pharmaceutical form
- 4. Clinical particulars
- 4.1 Therapeutic indications
- 4.2 Posology and method of administration
- 4.3 Contraindications
- 4.4 Special warnings and precautions for use
- 4.5 Interaction with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction
- 4.6. Pregnancy and lactation
- 4.7 Effects on ability to drive and use machines
- 4.8 Undesirable effects
- 4.9 Overdose
- 5. Pharmacological properties
- 5.1 Pharmacodynamic properties
- 5.2 Pharmacokinetic properties
- 5.3 Preclinical safety data
- 6. Pharmaceutical particulars
- 6.1 List of excipients
- 6.2 Incompatibilities
- 6.3 Shelf life
- 6.4 Special precautions for storage
- 6.5 Nature and contents of container
- 6.6 Special precautions for disposal and other handling
- 7. Marketing authorisation holder
- 8. Marketing authorisation number(s)
- 9. Date of first authorisation/renewal of the authorisation
- 10. Date of revision of the text
1. Name of the medicinal product
Magnesium Sulphate Paste BP.
2. Qualitative and quantitative composition
Name of ingredient QuantityDried Magnesium Sulphate (78.8 85.8%) 47.762gPhenol 0.497gPhenol is of BP quality.
3. Pharmaceutical form
4. Clinical particulars
4.1 Therapeutic indications
As an adjunct to the management of superficial skin infections, including boils.
4.2 Posology and method of administration
Method of Administration External application to the affected area.Posology External paste applied directly.Adults, elderly and children There is no difference in the quantity required for affected areas or for children, adults or the elderly.
4.4 Special warnings and precautions for use
Do not use repeatedly.Use as directed on medical advice.
4.5 Interaction with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction
No significant clinical interactions known.
4.6. Pregnancy and lactation
As with all medicines it may be used during this period if the benefits outweigh the risks.
4.7 Effects on ability to drive and use machines
4.8 Undesirable effects
Should accidental ingestion occur, treat symptomatically.
5. Pharmacological properties
5.1 Pharmacodynamic properties
Topical application of the ingredients of the paste help to draw infected wounds and reduce inflammation.
5.2 Pharmacokinetic properties
5.3 Preclinical safety data
6. Pharmaceutical particulars
6.1 List of excipients
Name of ingredient QuantityGlycerol 51 .7g
6.3 Shelf life
6.4 Special precautions for storage
Store below 25°C.
6.5 Nature and contents of container
Polypropylene tub and lid with tie sealed tamper evident top containing 25g or 50g.HDPE tub and lid with tie sealed tamper evident top containing 25g or 50g.
6.6 Special precautions for disposal and other handling
Stir well before use and apply liberally to the affected area.Cover with a dressing.
7. Marketing authorisation holder
KL Pharmaceutical Limited21 Macadam PlaceSouth Newmoor Industrial EstateIrvineAyrshireKA11 4HP
8. Marketing authorisation number(s)
9. Date of first authorisation/renewal of the authorisation
29th February 1991.
10. Date of revision of the text
THE BOOTS COMPANY PLC
1 Thane Road West, Beeston, Nottingham, NG2 3AA
+44 (0)1159 592 565
+44 (0)1159 595 165